Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sometimes my mother, sometimes me, sometimes every one.


My grand father died in summer and my mother sent me an email saying that he is now in Heaven taking care of us. When she told me that I could not say anything else more than ‘mmm, sure’. I knew that this idea was making her happy, by creating a fantasy and, in such way, it was also her way to accept that her father die. I could not tell her that I do not think my grandfather is in Heaven wearing a white toga, chanting with the angels. Because that idea was making her feel better. I now, perhaps, she was cheating her self. She was trying to find explanations to what just happened. She was trying to find a cure to her vacuum .


I did not see any reason why  I should tell her that it was just a type of fantasy, that it was not real or that I refused my self to believe her ideas about death. I know some philosophers said that we should be strong enough to do not create fantasies, do no try to find a solution for our problems by inventing external forces or believing that something controls us and the world. But, what is wrong with it? Why do we bothered if some one does it? Why do we think that person is stupid or week for believe such things? What is wrong in been happy by avoiding reality?


Trough my life I met some people who dedicate their life to ‘God’. Some of them had continue living because they think that something much better than this life is wanting for them. Do we lost or win something by destroying what make them?

No comments:

Post a Comment