Sunday, November 8, 2009

Over the summer


During my two years of study in India, I stayed with different families. What was interesting was that
each family was unique. However, every time I meet each one of them for the first time I felt nervous
and scared, wandering whether I would like them. However, this was not necessary since each of them
treated me as if I was their relative. I wondered many times why they were treating me with so much
love and respect. Then, I realized that it was normal. Each family was sharing the same ideals, ambitious
as my family. All of them wanted their children to have a good education; they wanted to have family
time, to help each other. Therefore, it seemed to me that it didn’t matter if we were from another part
of the world, religion or culture; we were connected by this capacity to demonstrate love. This is
something we all have in common. After that, I regretted that I thought of them as if they were from
another planet. One should not let one’s self influenced by stereotypes. It is a question of
understanding the person besides us.

No comments:

Post a Comment