Sunday, November 8, 2009

ONE. TWO. THREE. BOOM, BOOM... I AM DEAD.

It is 4 57 am and my eyes are finally hurting. However, I refuse to sleep even though I am lying on my bed as a crude sausage waiting to be cooked. I know you might do not care this but I will tell you since it may help you to understand the reason of this post. I have a friend who is going to join the army in a couple of weeks and I must say that I am afraid. I come from Costa Rica which is apparently the only country which is officially without an army. The thing that is making me write this post is that, I do not want her to be there, I do not any one to be there. I really don't but can I do anything about it? Nope, I can not and I feel so impotent. I do not understand the point of continuing with our existence if we are not even able to help the people we love. I guess people, or at least the human who is written this, is afraid of the vacuum. I understand the concept of existence and meaningful life given by Sartre but until what are the conditions in order to classify our life as meaningful. There are millions of millions of people and I am just one of them.  What would happen if we all try to do something to give our life a meaning. For example, if a life in farm, taking care of my animals and family, I never take part of any movement or group in my village but a give a good education to my children and I always help people when I can, could I say that my life worth? would my life be more efficient than the life of some one who  is always pretending to do a lot of things just for the sake of given a reason to his/her life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment